The NDECPTA connects local families through learning and play to
foster growth at home and in our community.
Each year the NDECPTA supports several local community organizations through fundraising and service activities. Our current community recipients are:
Community Partners of Dallas www.cpdtx.org
Community Partners of Dallas (CPD) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to ensuring safety and restoring hope and dignity to abused and neglected children by providing resources and support to the caseworkers of Dallas County Child Protective Services. CPD served more than 20,000 children last year through five unique programs:
● Rainbow Room , an emergency resource center providing critically-needed items for children in the care of CPS;
● Kids in Crisis , which provides funds for children's clothing, transportation, therapy, enrichment activities, housing and medical expenses;
● The Heart Program , an internationally-recognized program that provides therapeutic group treatment to victims of sexual abuse and their non-offending family members;
● Caseworker Appreciation events that are held to show appreciation and gratitude to caseworkers; and
● StoryLine , (214) 446-2222, a phone line that children can call 24 hours a day to hear a story
As a result of its broad-based community support, Community Partners of Dallas was named the Outstanding Volunteer Organization of the Year by the Volunteer Center in Dallas. This year, NDECPTA volunteers will support The Heart Program this year by making sack lunches for the attendees of the Heart Program.
Wee Volunteer www.weevolunteer.org
Wee Volunteer exists to provide age-appropriate service projects for preschool and elementary school age children. The projects currently serve six areas of need: hunger, homelessness, under-privileged children, elderly, animals and the environment. This year, NDECPTA volunteers will participate in several projects with Wee Volunteer:
● Mommy Manders Musical Outreach: Mommy Manders, a delightful music teacher, conducts a music class for children at an area senior living space. Not only do the residents enjoy the entertainment, but it is also a great opportunity for our younger volunteers (under 3) to participate.
● Meals on Big Wheels: Ride along with us as we deliver meals for Meals on Wheels and earn more about this important program.
International Rescue Committee www.rescue.org/us-program/us-dallas-tx
The IRC provides opportunities for refugees to thrive in America. Each year, thousands of refugees are invited by the U.S. government to seek safety and freedom here. Forced to flee conflict or persecution, many have survived for years against incredible odds. They step off the plane with next to nothing but their dignity, hope and determination. In Dallas and many other regional offices across the country, the IRC helps them rebuild their lives.
This year, the NDECPTA will support the work of the IRC via donation drives at selected general meetings and the opportunity to furnish and decorate an apartment for a refugee family.
Genesis Women’s Shelter & Support www.genesisshelter.org
Genesis Women’s Shelter seeks to end the epidemic of domestic violence against women and children by stopping individual victimization and reducing the devastating impact of family violence through safety, shelter and expert services to battered women and their children.
The NDECPTA supports Genesis Women’s Shelter by serving a Saturday morning breakfast and holding donation drives at selected general meetings.
Hope Supply Co. http://hopesupplyco.org/
The mission of Hope Supply Co. is to meet the critical needs of homeless children across North Texas by providing necessities such as clothing, school supplies, toys and programs to enhance their lives.
This year, the NDECPTA will support Hope Supply Co. via a diaper donation drive in September.
North Dallas Shared Ministries www.ndsm.org
The Mission of North Dallas Shared Ministries to help low-income people assume as much responsibility for their lives as they are able:
● First, we provide appropriate emergency assistance.
● Second, we help them access entitlement, health and community programs designed to help them achieve long-term stability.
● Third, we promote their wellness and financial independence.
● Fourth, we develop resource materials that can lead them to additional services and support.
NDSM’s emergency food and toiletries pantry will provide approximately $125 worth of groceries (a one week supply) for a single person, or approximately $60 per person worth of groceries for a multiple person household.
This year NDECPTA will sponsor a much needed food drive for North Dallas Shared Ministries.
Pajama Program www.pajamaprogram.org
Pajama Program is a national 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that provides new pajamas and storybooks. Snuggling up in cozy, new pajamas with their very own new book, these children are given a secure and nurturing “good night” at bedtime.
This is a new organization to NDECPTA! You may have seen this on NBC’s “Give” show. This year we will organize a pajama drive, and collect the pajamas and books to be donated to a local organization in need of pajamas and books for ages 0-18.